A swiss diver, captured these pictures of one of the six anacondas he saw on his 10 day trip to Mato Grosso in Brazil. This one was about 26-feet long.
"At the first moment it’s scary because you don’t know the animal and everybody says it’s dangerous. ‘But after a while you understand that nothing happens if you respect the snake. ‘I have never been so close to a snake like this before. But I think a small poisonous snake is more scary than a big one. At least you can see the anacondas clearly and know what they’re doing." - Franco Banfi
The Space Shuttle Atlantis: America’s Swansong
- Atlantis flew 33 missions during its life.
- It flew and docked at the International Space Station and the Russian space station Mir a total of 19 times.
- It orbited the Earth 4848 times and traveled 126,000,000 or so miles (not bad) which is a distance that could get you to the Moon 525 times.
- Mike Massamino, an astronaut aboard Atlantis conducted the first “Tweet” from space in Atlantis. This was in 2009.
- The final mission by Atlantis was in 2011 and it marked both the retirement of Atlantis and the rest of the shuttle fleet. This in turn marked the end of America’s ability to travel space.